2018 Fall Conference - Call for Course Proposals
Encountering Substance Use in Clinical Practice: Emerging Issues and Divergent Perspectives
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2018
Over 90% of psychologists report encountering problematic substance use in their practices. Yet psychologists often feel inadequately trained to assess, conceptualize, and treat these clients. The 2018 San Diego Psychological Association Fall Conference will expose the general practitioner to the emerging issues and the divergent perspectives present in the field of substance use policy making and treatment.
Proposals are sought for any subtopic related to the Fall Conference theme, however, there is particular interest in receiving proposals for the following subtopics:
Issues Related to Family Support
Issues Related to Marijuana
Issues Related to Substance Use in Diverse Populations
Guidelines for Proposals:
1. All proposals must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. All presentation submissions MUST be received by Midnight, July 15, 2018.
3. All sessions will be 60 minutes in length.
4. All presenters listed on the proposal must be able to attend the Conference.
We make decisions based on the information you provide here.
5. Proposals from SDPA members will receive preference.
Click here to join SDPA.
7. No presenter may submit more than two proposals.
8. There must be a primary presenter for each proposal. This individual is responsible for obtaining and submitting all required information for all presenters included in the proposal. Presentations are strictly limited to a maximum of FOUR participants per session, including the moderator if there is one. When you submit your proposal, you will be prompted to submit CV's and photos for each presenter. We regret that incomplete proposals cannot be considered.
9. We do not provide printed handouts to conference attendees. If your proposal is accepted, we will ask you to send an electronic file containing your materials/references by September 30, 2018, so that we can make them available to registrants online. The primary presenter for each session will be responsible for ensuring that materials are submitted. Alternatively, you may bring handouts with you to distribute at the conference and then send them in an electronic file to SDPA for posting the week after the conference. We cannot reimburse for the cost of printing handouts.
Please call the SDPA office at (858) 277-1463 or email email@example.com for more information.