Ten Reasons To Join SDPA As A Graduate Student
1. Mentorship! SDPA and the Graduate Student Committee organize a mentorship program in which you can be paired
with a local licensed psychologist with similar professional interests.
2. Excellent Networking! Network with local psychologists at SDPA and Graduate Student Committee events.
3. Low and No Cost Continuing Education! Attend lectures, workshops, courses, and seminars.
4. Opportunities To Present Research! Present research at SDPA Conferences!
5. Free Subscriptions! Receive SDPA newsletter/e-news free of cost.
6. Opportunities to Participate in Legislative Advocacy! Receive legislative and professional news updates and participate
7. Free Ethical Consultations! Speak with Ethics and Standards Committee members.
8. Opportunities to Build Expertise! Learn from practicing psychologists by joining SDPA committees or representing
graduate students on the Board of Directors.
9. Meet Other Graduate Students! Network/collaborate with graduate students from other schools.
10. Free Events! The Graduate Student Committee hosts events throughout the year.