Integrating Somatic Psychotherapy and EMDR Therapy
Orange County, CA
This highly acclaimed training is 4 very full days of dynamic presentation, demonstration/video, discussion, and extended practicums with feedback, learning how to integrate Somatic Psychotherapy and EMDR Therapy.
This intensive training is limited to 27 participants, to provide a more intimate and personal experience. Participants must have completed basic EMDR training prior to attending.
A somatic approach to utilizing EMDR enables you to take full advantage of your client’s abilities to expose ways they get “stuck,” and to engage in their natural propensities to be able to work through. Participants report an increase in confidence and expanded skills across the range of challenging clinical dilemmas, which they begin using in their practices immediately.
- Use detailed somatic awareness to both expose client’s processes, and to facilitate working through challenges, in ways that more cognitive approaches do not.
- Recognize subtle dissociation, as it appears in everyday sessions, and how to work with it
- Sensitize your understanding of the momentary somatic experiences during EMDR processing to deepen the work, build “process resources,” and enhance integration.
- Learn more effective somatic tracking to follow nuanced dynamics and patterns, build resiliency, and keep the work-paced within the "window of tolerance."
- Understand how teachings of neuroscience can direct our observations and interventions, from tracking levels of activation to manifestations of developmental challenges.
- Integrate the effectiveness of both somatic therapy and EMDR to engage with your clients' natural propensity for resolution and growth.
- Feel confident in truly "trusting the process" through the most difficult moments in therapy.
Presenter: Craig Penner, LMFT, SEP, has been in private practice in Santa Barbara, CA since 1982. He has been avidly using EMDR for the past 26 years, integrating it into a somatically-focused process-oriented therapy.
Fee: $875 Early Bird by October 8th, then $925. Healthy lunch included. Schedule: 8:30-5:30 each day.
CE credit hours: 28 CE credit hours for Psychologists, LMFT’s, LCSW’s, LPC’s, LMHC’s;
24 EMDRIA CEU’s
https://naturalprocessing.org for detailed information about content, learning objectives, reviews, continuing education credit hours, and registration.
This training may be taken on its own. There are 5 other parts of this training that build on the foundations presented in these 4 days.
Online trainings, with CE Credit Hours, are listed on the website.