This is a conference you won’t want to miss!
This one-day conference, designed for both addiction specialists and mental health generalists, is co-sponsored by APA Division 50 (Society of Addiction Psychology) and the San Diego Psychological Association (SDPA). Participants can earn up to 7 APA CE credits for their attendance.
- The impact of substance use prohibition and criminalization on marginalized community members
- Everything you need to know about cannabis (regarding use, misuse, causes, consequences, co-occurring disorders, impact of legalization, and more)
- Medication-assisted therapies for addiction
- Mindfulness-oriented recovery enhancement: A new neuroscience-based therapy for addiction, stress, and pain
- The role of mutual help groups (e.g., SMART Recovery, A.A., N.A., etc.) in treating addictive disorders
- Ethical issues in the treatment of addictive disorders
- Psychological treatment of addictive disorders: An experiential workshop
Speakers are experts and leaders in their fields from all over the United States. All are committed to applying addiction science to clinical practice in ways that are meaningful to clinicians and trainees.
This conference will take place (in-person) at the beautiful Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina in San Diego, CA. Lunch and refreshments are included in the registration fee.
For more information about the conference, contact:
| Registration Fees
| Member Student
| Non-Member Student
Click here to read our Conflict of Interest
CE Grievance Procedure
SDPA is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with the APAs Ethical Principles of Psychologists. SDPA will comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities to be non-discriminatory in promotional activities, program content and in the treatment of program participants.
See CE Grievance Procedure.
Attendance Policy: CE Credit and Certificates will not be issued to those who arrive later than 10 minutes or leave early from any course scheduled time. This policy is strictly enforced to ensure compliance with APA Guidelines.
Cancellation Policy: No refund will be given to any registered individual who is a no-show to a course. Any individual canceling within 72 hours of a course will be refunded 50% of the course fee.
ADA Compliant venue for accessibility accommodations contact Tami Magaro - email@example.com.
American Psychological Association
The San Diego Psychological Association (SDPA) is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. SDPA maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
LCSW, LFMT, LEP & LPCC
In California, APA approved CE’s are valid for licensed psychologists, licensed school psychologists, LCSW, LMFT, LEP & LPCC licensees. Though APA is a national organization, the out of state licensee should check with their state governing board to make sure that APA approved CE'’s are valid in their state for their license.
See SDPA Website Continuing Education Policies.
Thank you to all our exhibitors